We are currently recruiting for the following position:
Playgroup Assistant – Ladybirds play & toddler group
Ladybird play & toddler group are looking for an enthusiastic, proactive and positive team member for the role of playgroup assistant to support the existing team. The role is available due to an internal promotion leaving the vacancy of assistant open. The chosen candidate will have an enthusiasm for working with children and be caring, friendly and approachable. You will be working alongside other qualified members of staff in a friendly, supportive and fun setting. The role is term time only.
Ladybirds currently provide childcare for children from the age of 2 years old 3 days a week from 9am – 1pm in the villages of Histon & Impington. We are a committee led playgroup, formed of at least 60% parents. We are a registered charity and regularly hold fundraising events.
- To have a working knowledge of the Early Years Foundation Stage
- To contribute to a planned programme of activities that are designed to deliver the EYFS
- To help set up the activities for each session and pack away, ensuring all toys and equipment are clean and safe at all times
- Work alongside parents/carers to help children to settle into the setting
- To support the team by ensuring policies and procedures, best practice and high standards are maintained,
- To support the implementation of the equal opportunities policy and ensure all children/families/staff & volunteers are valued
- Liaise with and support parents/carers and other family members
- To respect the confidentiality of the information received
- To act as a keyworker to a group of children, liaising closely with parents/carers to ensure each child’s needs are met and recognised
- Maintain records on key children, making observations and writing reports
- To attend and participate in staff meetings
- To attend training courses when required
- To actively promote and support the safeguarding of children and young people ensuring setting policies and procedures are followed at all times
- Caring & friendly
- Responsible & reliable
- Communication skills
- Organization skills
- Like to work with children
Required education, skills & qualifications
- Minimum of Level 2 in childcare
- Experience of working with 0-5 year olds in an early years setting
- Paediatric First Aid trained (we can provide training)
- Knowledge of the Early Years Foundation Stage
- A willingness to stay up to date with best practice
- Knowledge of child protection procedures
- Knowledge of health & safety issues
- Ability to form positive relationships with colleagues, parents, children & outside agencies when required
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for an application form if you are interested in applying for the role.
Closing date 10th February.